[Webcom] Webcom

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Fri Nov 12 11:58:22 EST 2010

On November 12, 2010 08:34:38 am Jason Fournier wrote:
> Thanks for the overview Frank.  I'll review the list of items and report
> back as to how I can help out.  I'm intrigued by a website redesign - I
> have designed and developed a fair number of websites (several charities
> included) based on Wordpress.  Although I do not know Drupal I'm quite
> certain that most CMSs abstract their templates in a relatively similar
> fashion from their functionality - it could be something that I help out
> with.

It is indeed the "fun" part :)  (as opposed to raw content building).  I can
create accounts for anyone interested in watching the beta design and
migration stuff occurring.  We've now got an XHTML-ified and Drupal structured
theme that essentially looks like:

Front page: http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/marketing/website/design/draft2a.jpg
Main pages: http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/marketing/website/design/subpage1.jpg
(minus the right sidebar)

Fortunately there is no plan to trash the content and rebuild from scratch!
We went through an exercise of mapping old content into a new structure, in
case you're interested.  Green text on right means it matches existing/old
content, but black text shows where new content will need to be created.

http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/marketing/website/sitemap/sitemap.svg

(Mindmap ver: http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/marketing/website/sitemap/sitemap.mm
in case you want to explore/edit)