[Webcom] Dutch chapter

Milo van der Linden milo at dogodigi.net
Mon Oct 10 15:20:18 EDT 2011

Hello webcom,

On the [Dutch] mailinglist, voices are talking about bringing the
Dutch chapter back to life. One of the topics discussed is to create a
dutch website at www.osgeo.nl

I would like to get some information about the possibilities on
existing osgeo.org infrastructure, so I would like to post a couple of
questions here, simply to get information us dutchies can use to
determine our strategy.

1. We identified the owner of osgeo.nl, he told us that when a dutch
chapter is launched, he would be glad to return the domainname to the
chapter. Would it be possible to connect www.osgeo.nl to
http://www.osgeo.org/switchuilocale/nl?destination=home which would
automatically create a homepage for our chapter?

2. We are designing a logo for the dutch chapter. would we be able to
show that instead of the standard logo when visitors enter through
www.osgeo.nl or
http://www.osgeo.org/switchuilocale/nl?destination=home?

3. Would it be possible to differentiate the community blog to show
only blog entries written in Dutch on the dutch translation main page?

4. Would it be possible to remove untranslated items from the menu's
when browsing in dutch?

5. Would it be a good idea to transfer ownership of the domain
osgeo.nl to the foundation?

Kind regards,

Milo van der Linden