[Webcom] [SAC] Fwd: Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo upcoming events list needs love

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 13:52:40 PDT 2013

Ian, re question about requesting a board remit below. I think it a good
idea to propose, and I expect you will get the endorsment.

I suggest that for any specific plan of action you wish to get endorment
for you state:

1. What you'd like to do
2. Why you plan to do it
3. How you are addressing the "bus factor", and long term maintenance.
(Many initiatives in volunteer communities hang around in a semi-broken
state after a year or two due to the effort required to keep the
initiative going. 1 year old "news" items are a typical example)

Finish with a request for a vote for endorsement.