[Webcom] SSL/TLS misconfigured on osgeo.org?

Christian Willmes c.willmes at uni-koeln.de
Fri Jul 29 06:35:00 PDT 2016

Fair point I would not object to delivering the map tiles via SSL. And
thanks for the notification.

But talking of this, can you or someone here explain, why someone want
trivial non-privacy or security relevant information like a maptiles
showing open data to be SSL encrypted?

 From my point of view it looks like a waste of CPU cycles. I did not
understand the pro SSL everything campaign by google and others in the
first place.

Thanks for help,
Christian