[webmap-discuss] Javascript debug libraries?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at crschmidt.net
Sat Aug 26 18:02:26 EDT 2006

On Sun, Aug 27, 2006 at 07:53:47AM +1000, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> Mapbuilder uses alert() calls for our debugging and I'm looking to write
> a widget which can display a debug string or XML document.
>
> What do the other JS GIS projects use for debugging?
> Is there a JS debugging package you'd recommend?

Get Firefox. Use FireBug. (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1843/)

console.log() goes to a console in the browser, you can see
XMLHttpRequest, you get a full debugger, source and object inspector,
and more.

So, console.log(map) will print "[object Object]", which is clickable to
see all the properties of Object.

It's super-good.

--
Christopher Schmidt