[Webmap-discuss] GeoMoose vs. OpenLayers for specific project (Was Re: [mapserver-users] Advice for MapServer project)

Mike Adair madair at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Feb 27 09:13:48 EST 2008

That would be a Web Map Context document which is an OGC standard (v1.0
and 1.1) and specifies which individual WMS layers make up a map (WMS
only).  There is also an experimental OWSContext (not a standard yet)
which adds WFS, GML, and various other layer types into the mix.
Context documents allow for sharing of a 'map' in a specific state
(bbox, layers on/off, etc.) between systems.

Mike