Just a bye/see you later from 'spain'

mar cronchera contact at exchangeyou.com
Wed Apr 5 08:03:48 EDT 2006

hi again guys & girls

following some personal offline troubles i need to take a break on online
things.. for some months..
i also think it's a good idea to unsubscribe from the list, because i
won't be discussing and i see no point in being here for not discussing..

anyway, i also would like to clarify my last post, in case of
misunderstandings which could lead to undevelopment.. which i really don't
like. Other thing to mind is that a nonnative english writer can have an
styke understood as ofensive for english natives,..

I replied above the already made comments for an easier follow-up
discusion, i'm doing it at other mailing lists and suposedly it's a normal
thing, although maybe not for for all cultures, i don't know..

This is last mess.. recomented..
> i think Arnulf is asking for a subdomain,..and there is a difference
> between de.osgeo.org and deu.osgeo.org,

obviously, it's an important decision between option1, option2 or option3
which is the germans to get an own domain and ask for linkship..

> personally i prefer cat.osgeo.org(whenever..) rather than a section for
> catalan in es.osgeo.org..

whenever means whenever cats deserve that, not now obviously.. germans
deserve it already and it shouldn't make anyone jealous.. work it out and
get it yourself too.. once yourlang has done a similar contrib than the
germans for example..

> but this is foundation based, which implies a
> administrative(country-region-..) area(catalonia has not a .ct TLD, nor it
> is a country in the UN, but we are the first language comunity in having a
> language related TLD http://domini.cat :) ..
>
> countries subdomains could serve for foundation branching.. languages
> subdomains are realer IMO.. both are good!
>
> hints for langs map:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Languages_Project_Request
> (may i ask where i should include this wikied bit? )

i asked this already(2 times), and i found it removed from the projects
requests page without notice..
i sugest to the writer of the programming languages project request to
include all programming languages himself in there also, if i add them
myself people could think the writer(and foundation) is not up for some
prog. languages.. there's not php there, for example..

> hints for countries branching:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Talk:Fundraising

too much for now maybe, but i guess at some point germans would like to
have a foundation in germany, or simply use an existant one and ask the
osgeo for branching..

The soonest is discused/done the less troubles for the future..

me, i'm off ..
but for politeness i will unsubscribe friday, for letting people reply if
they want so..

i said hello when i came in , i'm saying bye, it's politeness never flames..

All the best,

marc