[intl-discuss] -semi solved- php in the programming languages proect requests

mar cronchera contact at exchangeyou.com
Wed Apr 5 11:20:25 EDT 2006

> mar cronchera kirjoitti:
>>> hints for langs map:
>>> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Languages_Project_Request
>>> (may i ask where i should include this wikied bit? )
>>
>> i asked this already(2 times), and i found it removed from the projects
>> requests page without notice..
>> i sugest to the writer of the programming languages project request to
>> include all programming languages himself in there also, if i add them
>> myself people could think the writer(and foundation) is not up for some
>> prog. languages.. there's not php there, for example..
>

> The idea of a wiki is to be a collaborative environment. If I start a
> page, I put my first ideas there. Then I wait and see and expect other
> people to come and edit and add. I also may later add some more things.
> The idea is that the result starts to converge to something useful.
>
> It would be a good idea if somebody knowledgeable about the situation
> about FOSS4G in PHP added the information to the page
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Programming_Languages_Project
>
> I remember (I'm going to skip checking this) that when I moved the
> "project requests" from the separate (very small) page to the main page,
> I also noticed that the "Languages project" link was not working. I
> thought the page was removed and thus dropped the link. Right now
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Languages_Project gives an empty page
> (not an non-existing page).

ari,
i didn-t want to add PHP myself for not having a historial where the main
categories haven-t been created by some foundation member guy or girl /i-m
not and this could lead to future confussion../ for respecting the
foundation, you know..
-programming languages project- after clicking at project requests at wiki
home it-s a very important link.. i compare it to feature request
trackers..

i-ll add my -select your website language in a map- request in the main
project requests page and will be updating it with some nice maps to copy
from there.. i hope not to be duplicating the page you created..  if so,
just move the info to yours ..

thanks for the aclaration and hope there-s some foundation guy to include
this necesary main categorie -php- with its basics for people adding after

regards

marc