[intl-discus] Just a hello from 'spain'

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Tue Feb 28 04:24:35 EST 2006

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> contact at exchangeyou.com wrote:
>
>> hi there! i just been accepted in here and i want to say hello from
>> catalonia(spain), forward me any interesting things taking place at my
>> country which i may missed if anybody knows any..
>>
>> I hope to enjoy heated up friendly discussions and make this foundation
>> close to people as when you zoom in the maximum.
>>
>> Let's see how it goes.
>

> Marc,
>
> Perhaps you could give your full name, and a bit of background on you,
> and projects in Catalonia and Spain in general that you are familiar with.
> What about foss geospatial software user groups?
>
> Do you have thoughts on ways of connecting activities in Spain with OSGeo?
>
> The main project I know of in Spain is gvSIG (http://www.gvsig.gva.es), are
> you involved with it at all?  gvSIG has done a great deal of work on a Java
> desktop client with excellent OGC web protocol support, as well as a
> broader
> set of local file formats supported than is common in applications built on
> GeoTools.
>
> The gvSIG team has made an effort to translate materials into English and
> publicise their work, but I think it is still not that widely known in the
> broader foss geospatial community.
>
> Best regards,

Hi Marc,
I have seen you around on the Mapbender user map.
http://wms1.ccgis.de/mapbender2/frames/login.php?name=mb&password=mb&mb_user_myGui=mapbender&mb_myBBOX=-5.43,37.19,4.58,42.2

Currently we are still sorting out internal and international stuff so
we are not really aware yet of too many activities that happen at
national levels. If you feel that there is something going on that
should be addressed by the OSGeo feel free to discuss it here.

Best regards,
Arnulf.