[intl-discuss] Re: Promotion and Visibility Committee

mar cronchera contact at exchangeyou.com
Sun Mar 12 09:34:13 EST 2006

Hi there brzil!
i think we should also have to give a more geo looking to the site, below
there's a proposal..

>> Below there are some reasons that make me contact you.
>> I'm mantainer of the biggest group of Open Source Geotechnologies in
>> Brazil (http://br.groups.yahoo.com/group/mapserver_brasil/). I created
>> this group in 2003, and today It has than 500 people.
>> In the last years, I have participated in main Geotechnologies events in
>> Brazil and I have presented the concepts of Open Source and GNU
>> Philosophy.
>> I'm mantainer of geolivre.org.br (Geolivre Community) and I'm working in
>> Geolivre Conference (www.geolivre.org).
>> All these projects can be used by OSGeo to talk directly to portuguese
>> language communities. So I think this is a good start point to give more
>> integration of OSGeo with Latin America.
>> A suggestion that I can make to Promotion and Visibility Committee is
>> define the websites in many languages that can be used to talk about
>> OSGeo. The ideia is make a strong link with local communities.
>
> Yes, I would agree with this.  I see you are already on the OSGeo Web
> Committee.  Have they address translation of the web site?  I think
> key documents posted to the web site (ie. mission, faq, etc) should
> be translated into as many languages as we can find volunteers to address.

1:
I'm interested in translating it into catalonian, and posibly into spanish
if there's noone yet..
mission, faq, what else?

2:
-Locate the languages in a world map, No dropdown-flag:
Prepare a beautiful fisic world map to link to the site's diferent
languages translations
(my vote for eckert or pete)
The places in the world map where there would not be tranlation yet, could
be directed to an invitation url to do so in yourlang.

The sea ... mmm.. eennuuu...  or for esperanto, or ...

marc