[intl-discuss] Re: [OSGeo-Board] [Fwd: RE: open source GIS - SA interest group]

mar cronchera contact at exchangeyou.com
Fri Mar 31 14:10:47 EST 2006

i think Arnulf is asking for a subdomain,..and there is a difference
between de.osgeo.org and deu.osgeo.org,
personally i prefer cat.osgeo.org(whenever..) rather than a section for
catalan in es.osgeo.org..
but this is foundation based, which implies a
administrative(country-region-..) area(catalonia has not a .ct TLD, nor it
is a country in the UN, but we are the first language comunity in having a
language related TLD http://domini.cat :) ..

countries subdomains could serve for foundation branching.. languages
subdomains are realer IMO.. both are good!

hints for langs map:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Languages_Project_Request
(may i ask where i should include this wikied bit? )

hints for countries branching:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Talk:Fundraising

marc