[intl-discuss] the last issue of this list (maybe)

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Thu Feb 8 08:12:43 EST 2007

Yesterday evening (GMT), on #osgeo irc channel,  we had an interesting
discussion about what OSGeo Local Chapters mean.

Here my own opinion:

We agreed that it seem not clear at all what Local Chapters mean and
they are supposed to do.
Before Local Chapters become a wide reality it would be nice to discuss
what Local Chapters are and how they would stick to Mother Osgeo.
It is natural to me that so many different approaches will just create a
chaos and a very bad returning image.

 the discussion is available on irc log:
http://logs.qgis.org/osgeo/%23osgeo.2007-02-07.log

search for "12:26:22" in the text, is more or less where the discussion
on local chapters starts.

I see a keypoint on this:
13:36:32    FrankW:     ominoverde: I do get the point that we may need
to revisit what rules we expect a local chapter to abide by to avoid
future problems. But I'm not *leading* any action on that front.

I understand that Frank cannot have time to moderate every discussion.
It would be nice if a good support will come from us, local chapters
interested people, and if we can define some more clear rules on how
Local Chapters should be.

thanks
Lorenzo