[intl-discuss] Need for this list?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jan 30 11:24:31 EST 2007

Tim Bowden wrote:
> AS far as closing it goes, I'm -1 until we decide what local chapters in
> formation are to do when they need a quiet corner to chat amongst
> themselves, as that sort of traffic probably doesn't need to clog up the
> main list.

Tim,

The cost of creating a new mailing list is low, so we don't mind creating
new ones for chapters-in-formation as soon as they believe they have some
modest level of interest.

I believe the original rationale for creating this list was to have a
place to discuss topics related to the international success of OSGeo.
In particular, what do we need to do to be relevant around the world.
What can be do to be more inclusive of individuals around the world.

In reality the list has been at best marginally useful from that point
of view.

I have no strong personal position on the continuance or removal of this
list.  I do have a strong feeling that we need broader discussions on
how to be globally inclusive, and relevant whether here, or on the discuss
list.

Best regards,