[intl-discuss] Re: FOSS4G Press Release for translation

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 02:30:34 EDT 2009

(Orkney)Toru Mori wrote:
> Hi Cameron,
>
> I am not sure relations between the wiki page we have already translated
> and the new one. It looks relatively same but not exactly. So we have to
> look carefully both scripts again :-)

The last text is to be used for our main web page http://2009.foss4g.org

Changes to the previous translation:
Under: "FOSS4G 2009 Call for Abstracts"
* All new text

Under: "FOSS4G 2009 Highlights"
* The same as previously under this heading, except for extra paragraph:
*Demo Theatre*: During lunch and coffee breaks the demonstration theatre
will be showcasing live software. These short demonstrations from
sponsors, open source projects and the user community show what is
possible with open source today.

Under "Upcoming milestones"
* all new

Under "Media Sponsors
* all new

My aim for future press releases is to only change the top of the press
release, and keep the bottom sections the same.

> Our Japanese community has already made an announcement using the old one
> on last Saturday.
Thank you.
>  If you had intention to make the announcement once, not
> twice, it would be very efficient to tell your schedule to us in advance.

That is good advice which I shall try to follow in future.
The schedule for upcoming FOSS4G milestones is here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Schedule

You will also notice that the new text has milestones included in it.

In future, I'll endevour to give translators 1 week warning before a
press release is to go out, and provide the text ready for translation 3
to 4 days before sending it out.