[intl-discuss] Minutes from meeting from organisations marketing into Asia/Pacific

Frans Thamura frans at meruvian.org
Thu Mar 26 02:21:58 EDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 12:19 PM, Cameron Shorter
<cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you Frans,
> Should I make you the primary contact person who will forward emails on to
> the Meruvian Foundation?

me :)

i am the founder, and the foundation basically is the idea of Rick
Higgins and Geoff Zeis, about me ;)

but because my background is start from Java OpenSource movement so i
have a fullstack java education program here, and we extend become
jTechnopreneur Program, right now i am managing several vocational
high school, and universities, under meruvian network

we have offices all over java island, and right now we just have 2
material from Geoff Zeiss for MapGUide and Arnulf (Map Server)

but we have working together in Indonesia since 2003 with Geoff and Rick .

i believe my offices (Jakarta, Bandung, Jogja, Surabaya), next month
in Malang will help penetrate the program

i am also the head of enterprise opensource program in indonesian open
source asosiasion (http://www.aosi.or.id)

> I'm interested to know if you know of potential presenters from Indonesia
> who you may be able to invite.
> I expect people will be very interested to hear of any Open Source
> Geospatial projects being implemented in Indonesia, especially the business
> case behind it and any political reasons for selecting open source.

i think botasupal is one of the contact, i am still have small
engagement with them, this departement is responsible for develop
indonesian map.