[ZOO-Discuss] ZOO OGR Buffer demo

Gérald Fenoy gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Wed Nov 11 03:33:21 PST 2009

Hi reluc,
nice to hear that there is a online demo using ZOO Kernel to run
processes !

I've modified with my dirty hands the demo page to add 3 other
processes : ConvexHull and Boundary (just modified the ogr_service
source code to output Json string in any case) and Centroid added this
morning to the sample ZOO Service OGR based.

As I've quoted on the svn commit message, I use a trick (ConvexHull)
to use Centroid with the input data provided on this demo page.
Indeed, the data are currently MultiPolygons, but as defined in the
ZOO Configuration File (.zcfg metadata file) for the Centroid process
the InputPolygon should be a Polygon and not other kind of input. You
could also get this information using the DescribeProcess request,
here the direct link : http://demo.zoo-project.org/zoo/?Service=WPS&Request=DescribeProcess&Version=1.0.0&Language=en-CA&Identifier=Centroid
  . Nevertheless, we use ConvexHull only when InputPolygon is not a
Polygon. Sounds odd for me.....

Let me know what you think ZOO Tribe Memebers,
hope to hear from you soon,
regards,