[ZOO-Discuss] ZOO Web Client ideas

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 12:16:47 PST 2009

On Thursday, November 12, 2009, rldhont  wrote:
> Hi Nikos,
>
> It's probably a good Idea but it's utopique to create FORM from
> DescribeProcess!

Hi all

I agree with René-Luc that creating forms and tools based on
DescribeProcess responses is challenging.

And is it really worth the challenge? I don't think so. Because I
think that, in most cases, we just can't guess what the user wants.
For example, in the case of a "calculate buffer" process, we can't
guess whether the user will want to draw the geometries on which to
operate the buffer calculation, or select the geometries using WFS
GetFeature as in the demo.

René-Luc, if we don't use GetCapabilities and DescribeProcess
do we use them for?

Thanks,

--
Eric