[ZOO-Discuss] About Intamap and ZOO-Project

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Fri Nov 20 20:33:52 PST 2009

Hi Edzer and Markus,

Markus, thanks for introducing about
WPS of http://www.intamap.org/.

Edzer, I have briefly gone through the
intamap site. Need to study more. BTW,
I also have a copy of your book
"Applied Spatial Data Analysis with R"
which I hope to study and learn more.

This mail is intended to introduce you
to our new ZOO-Project (www.zoo-project.org)
that was presented at FOSS4G 2009 in Sydney.
I would like to know if we could workout synergy
between Intamap and ZOO-Tribe to share experience
and knowledge on robust WPS implementation,

Song-san from China has started working on
implementing R Services for the ZOO kernel.
Also, we hope to implement GRASS WPS services too.

The ideas is to develop a developer guide
including many examples of R, GRASS, GDAL/OGR,
CGAL, ORFEO and Open Office WPS on the ZOO
platform and also build "model repository"
on ZOO OWS Platform.

Unlike PyWPS, ZOO provides a multi-language
(C, Python, PHP etc.). Legacy Fortran code
can also be integrated into ZOO to enable
WPS for environmental models. Example of
Fortran model Drift-X was also presented
at FOSS4G 2009.

Presently we have a closed ML and trac and I can
subscribe Edzer to the ML and provide trac access,
if he is interested.

Second ZOO tribe meeting was scheduled for
20 Nov 2009 in Montpellier. And am waiting
to get more info on the discussions there

I understand that you will meet with Markus
on Dec 17, 2009. Hope both of you can discuss
further during your meeting too.

Best regards

Venka, a ZOO-Tribal