[ZOO-Discuss] GRASS WPS Process Description

Gérald Fenoy gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Sat Nov 28 06:11:29 PST 2009

Hi Soeren,
I made lot of mistake in my previous mail, maybe I had to sleep before answering but I tried to be reactive and this imply I was wrong. Hope you all will forgive.

Le 28 nov. 2009 à 00:12, Soeren Gebbert a écrit :

> Hello Gerald,
> thanks for your post. It is really important for me that a WPS expert
> has a look on the generated XML documents.
> I am still a bloody beginner at this topic.
>
> The XML output of grass should be WPS 1.0.0 compatible.
> I am using the OGC WPS 1.0.0 xsd files for validation and the WPS
> 1.0.0 OGC report number 05-007r07.
>
> 2009/11/28 Gérald Fenoy <gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr>:
>> Hi Markus,
>> nice to hear from you again.
>> There is something in the DescribeProcess which make me wondering if I'm
>> wrong or miss something (or maybe the last version of WPS proposal ??). Why
>> was ComplexOutput used where ComplexData should be used ?
>> Table 46 of the WPS proposal define the Data structure and seems to define
>> that we have to use ComplexData rather than ComplexOutput.
>
> ComplexData is used within Input description and ComplexOutput is used
> in Output description.
> The XML file within the mail of Markus is only a part of a more
> complex XML file.
> The last ComplexOutput is part of an Output description. Well,
> ComplexOutput is indeed of data type ComplexData (see table 36) but
> you have to name it ComplexOutput in case of an Output.

You're right, but this still sounds odd to me. Indeed as the ComplexData is already in an Output node I wonder why the XML differ between the Input and the Output. ZOO Kernel currently use the same ComplexData or LiteralData for both Input and Output. Nevertheless this can be easily corrected.

> But besides of that, there are several bugs in this XML document.
> Several tags are wrong do to my function renaming yesterday:
> </process_outputs>
> </process_description>
> </wps:process_descriptions>
>
> I have fixed this in grass7 svn to provide conform WPS XML support.
> The validation tool i use, which validates the XML files against the
> OGC xsd files,
> says everything is correct now.
>
>> Furthermore, you use a node for MimeType, I've understood that in the WPS
>> proposal, when they use the first letter capitalized that means that we have
>> to use a node. But for mimeType it was specified as-is, so I'm pretty sure
>> that it have to be used as an attribute of the ComplexData node. Please
>> correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> The MimeType should be a separate element within the Format element in
> ComplexData, see table 23 in OGC 07-007r07 document.
>
> Have a look at the reference example:
> http://schemas.opengis.net/wps/1.0.0/examples/40_wpsDescribeProcess_response.xml

Yes, another time, you're totaly right Soeren, I made a mistake, in fact even the ZOO Kernel provide such a node :]

>> Maybe that's why we have to create a parser to be able to use the
>> DescribeProcess as source for creating the zcfg file which specify the
>> process' metadata.
>
> Nope. The WPS output generated by grass must be WPS 1.0.0 compatibel,
> everything else is not acceptable.
> In case you or somebody else will find incompatibilities, i will fix
> it as fast as i can.

Ok that's sound good to me.

> Best regards
> Soeren