[Zoo-discuss] About ZOO-Project

Gérald Fenoy gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Fri Oct 30 04:43:25 PDT 2009

Hi ZOO Tribe,
indeed René-Luc is right, service chaining is allready available into
the WPS standard proposal. You'll only need to set a reference (URL-
Encoded if you use the GET method and using a RawDataOutput rather
than a ResponseDocument - which is the default bahavior) as a
reference for a variable in the DataInput and you'll get the chaining
in fact. Note that currently we didn't provide POST request support
but only because of the time which could miss sometime. Indeed, we
used curl for processing the request. So we only have to enable the
POST/GET feature in the ulinet "library" (something which would like
to became a port of wininet).

I didn't check for YAML but it (or in fact any other language) could
maybe be used as a base to automaticaly produce the request to pass to
the ZOO Kernel. I'm still open to every proposal.

Just notice that if you use RawDataOutput as a DataInput from another
process using the XML POST (defined in the WPS standard proposal) then
it is allready a format which could be stored anywhere and in many
ways :)

You could find some instance of POST usage on the trac system ( http://trac.zoo-project.org/wiki/ZooKernel
  ).

I would like to get your feedback about the trac and also would like
to know who want the trac access cause IMO it's more relevant for devs
to come on the trac rather than on the official site which is
currently only its begining.

Best regards,

gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr

GEOLABS