[ZOO-Discuss] ZOO-Workflow modeling wit Kepler?

Satoshi Sekiguchi s.sekiguchi at aist.go.jp
Fri Apr 30 23:12:34 PDT 2010

Dear Venka-sensei, all

Well, Kepler has been one of the most popular scientific workflow
products among the grid computing research community.

In particular, regarding the GIS related area
GEON: Cyberinfrastructure for the Geosciences
http://www.geongrid.org/
has been using it for long period because UC San Diego is one of the
developing site of Kepler. It looks WSDL-defined Web Service is new
feature, I guess.

From the GEO Grid point of view, we have no strong preference of
choosing workflow engines, but likely we need to have the following
features (of course not limited to):
 Easy editing tools - integrated in a browser
 capability of resource allocation (parallel/distributed processing)
 work with standard workflow description language

You might also consider another popular scientific workflow
Pegasus http://pegasus.isi.edu/

As having a good point of contact in each team, we can approach them
directly if necessary.

regards,

-- Satoshi (S)