[ZOO-Discuss] Translation tool

Milena Nowotarska do.milenki at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 03:56:08 PDT 2010

Hi Daniel et al.,

We (GRASS Translation Team) use Transifex for GRASS GUI translation [1].
As a translator I am not happy with this tool, too many annoyances.
I have tested several online and offline translation tools and in my
opinion the best would be pottle [2].
Besides translators' work comfort another issue would be automagic
integration with sources. Perhaps manuals also?

There is also third online tool which I use - i18n for gvSIG
localization [3] but not yet as translator-friendly as pottle.

Online translation tool would speed-up localization for sure.

[1] http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/grass6/c/grass64/
[2] http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/pootle/index
[3] http://forge.osor.eu/projects/gvsig-i18n/

Regards,