[ZOO-Discuss] getting python tutorial to work

niels hoffmann nielslcr at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 13:51:23 PST 2010

Hi List,

I'm trying to follow the foss4g2010 Barcelona tutorial using python.
Installation of the zoo-kernel is (now) successful.
The Getcapabilities and DescribeProcess requests work, I've put the python
code in the /usr/lib/cgi-bin directory but I get the following error when
trying to execute the process:

<ows:ExceptionReport xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/ows/1.1
http://schemas.opengis.net/ows/1.1.0/owsExceptionReport.xsd"
xml:lang="en-US" version="1.1.0">
<ows:Exception exceptionCode="NoApplicableCode">
<ows:ExceptionText>
TRACE : ('value',)
TRACE : <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
Unable to run your python process properly. Please check the following
messages : ['  File "/usr/lib/cgi-bin/ogr_ws_service_provider.py", line 18,
in Boundary\n
 geometry=createGeometryFromWFS(inputs["InputPolygon"]["value"])\n']
</ows:ExceptionText>
</ows:Exception>
</ows:ExceptionReport>

Does anybody know what the problem might be?
Other python cgi scripts do work, so python seems to be properly configured
for cgi processing.
The <wps:ComplexData mimeType="application/json"> post request throws a
similar error (but on CreateGeometryFromJson)

Cheers, Niels