[ZOO-Discuss] Notice: ZOO-project Mail Server and Site Server will down from 3th Dec to 6th Dec.

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Nov 30 11:20:52 PST 2010

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 9:28 AM, hayashi at ogi <hayashi at apptec.co.jp> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  From 3th Dec 18:00JST to 6th Dec 13:00,
> Osaka City University will be interruption of electric service for Maintenance.
> ZOO Project Site Server(www.zoo-project.org) will stop during Maintenance.
> Recovery DateTime is 6th Dec 13:00.

A suggestion: Since the downtime is long, cannot we set up a copy of
parts of the site elsewhere (along with a big sign that we run on temporary
resources till 6th) and reassign the IP to this server? To avoid that the
project disappears from the radar for several days?

- stream over with rsync
- reset DNS
- done

?

Best
Markus

PS: I guess that I could "easily" clone stuff on my FEM server
(http://gis.ambiente.fmach.it/)