[Zoo-discuss] Ubuntu with ZOO Virtual Image

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Tue Oct 23 06:32:06 PDT 2012

My comments inline.

On 2012/10/23 21:52, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> On 12-10-15 4:29 AM, sittichai choosumrong wrote:
>> http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/__tmp/ZOOKernelLive.i686-1.2.0.__vmx.tar.gz
>>      <http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/tmp/ZOOKernelLive.i686-1.2.0.vmx.tar.gz>
>>
>>      I could downloaded from this link.
> I wonder if the opening page of maptools.org should point to this image?
>   (look in the top right, under "Packaged Tools and Utilities", there is
> a link to the "Mandriva Linux FOSS4G Toolkit")<- should that link to
> changed?  Should a new wiki page be created for this new image (similar
> to http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Toolkit_for_Mandriva_2008) and that
> link be used? Maybe instead of "ZOO Virtual Image" that name could be
> changed to "FOSS4G Ubuntu Toolkit" or something similar?

I think better to get rid of the "Mandriva Linux FOSS4G Toolkit" from
maptools
(it is no longer maintained) and point to appropriate repository for popular
distributions Ubuntu, Mandriva, OpenSuse, CentOS etc. etc.

> Or should I replace that Mandriva linux link with a general OSGeo_live link?

That would be fine too. Linking to Xbuntu based OSGeo Live. OpenSuse
based stuff that
Angelos has built and also the VM versions.

I hope my thoughts are oscillating in the same frequency as other list
members.

Venka