[Zoo-discuss] Ubuntu with ZOO Virtual Image

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 07:34:46 PDT 2012

On 09/21/2012 04:07 PM, Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:
> Hi Deniel,
>
> On 2012/09/21 21:12, Daniel Kastl wrote:
>> You could just use OSGeo Live DVD:
>
> I did just the same. In fact I used the OSGeo-Live VM at
> http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/release/6.0/osgeo-live-mini-6.0.iso/download
>

> The ZOO demos in OSGeo-Live worked with out any problem.
>
> I had to install fastcgi, bison, flex and cgic devel packages required
> for compiling
> the zoo-kernel.
>
> Also, OSGeo-Live uses gdal-1.7.0 did a minor change on ZOO-kernel
> configure and make  to reflect the
> updated gdal-1.9.0.
>
> Downloaded  zoo-1.2.0 from
> http://zoo-project.org/site/Downloads#ZOO-Projectversion1.2.0
> and it compiled without any problem. Could compile the gdal raster
> services subsequently
> (will test them soon).
>
> I hope to install GRASS7 and work on more examples on ZOO raster
> processing and routing
> examples. Subsequently, hope to make new virtual machine with added
> features (GRASS7 for
> example) with the help of Markus, Frans and all of you.
>
> Best
>
> Venka

Hi Venka,

Good choice to start from OSGeoLive VM, it is well tested.

I have another solution: when creating the ZOO-Kernel RPM packages for
openSUSE I had included a grass7-bridge package too (grass7 is available
in openSUSE for some time now). I could use SUSEStudio to easily create
a LiveCD with ZOO-Kernel, grass7 and the bridge package.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=zoo-kernel&project=Application%3AGeo
https://build.opensuse.org/package/binaries?package=zoo-kernel&project=Application%3AGeo&repository=openSUSE_12.2

Let me know if you need this.

Regards,