[Zoo-discuss] WPS

Fenoy Gerald gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Thu Nov 21 01:00:14 PST 2013

Hello Anunay,
I think it is wrong to try to use this *really* old win32 binaries.

We are currently using a new version ZOO-Kernel including the Python and Javascript languages support and also the MapServer support.

The MapServer support is, by now, based on a modified version of MapServer 6.2.0 including various patches to fix encoding issue with WFS / GetFeatureInfo request.

As we were asked for we focussed our work on IIS this time. We do not support Apache anymore on Windows platforms. Note that if you are using a Windows 7 professional then you get the IIS server available so it should not hurt that much. Anyway when you will want to deploy your solution you will probably use Windows Server something™ :)

So I think that the best solution for you should be to use the same binary version we are currently using in production projects based on Windows. To make sure you will be able to run it, except from command line (indeed ZOO-Kernel can be easily run from command line on windows platforms), you should first confirm that you get an IIS instance available somewhere where you can run tests.

In such a case I will publish the newer version I have available (latest trunk ZOO-Kernel, MapServer 6.2.0, GDAL 1.10.1, Python 2.7.3) all those softwares were built using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Express Edition (the « free » one). It depends on Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package available for download here: [1].

Note that despite I can provide both main.cfg and binary distribution of ZOO-Project (including C services already build) I guess there will still be some things missing for you. Indeed, you said that you are willing to integrate your own services. Which is standard thing, nevertheless if you plan to implement your services in C then it means that getting only the binaries won’t help you that much. Indeed, you will need the full build tree to be able to build and link your own binaries against the depending ones. Note that if you planned to implement your services by using JavaScript and / or Python language then you won’t have any issue in using only the binaries.

There is a last issue with which I’m not really familiar is that the GDAL binary was linked against the ECW binary libraries provided by Erdas. But I wonder if I am allowed to distribute this specific DLL or not. I think I am not allowed.

Anyway, please confirm that the binary solution is enough for you then I will upload the binaries for you on the ZOO-Project.org web site.

Hope to hear back from you soon,
Best regards,

[1] http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555