[Zoo-discuss] WPS Execute request - the ResponseForm

Alexandre Dubé adube at mapgears.com
Wed Aug 27 06:14:58 PDT 2014

Hi list,

        In summary

   In summary, my question is: Should there be the extra 'Output' node
inside the 'RawDataOutput' node ?

        Details

   I'm trying zoo for the first time.  I'm currently using the server
available here: http://zoo-project.org/cgi-bin-new1/zoo_loader.cgi

   Using OpenLayers 2.13.1 WPSClient widget, I'm able to easily build
and issue WPS Execute requests.  The XML produced is built by
OpenLayers.Format.WPSExecute format, which outputs the following
ResponseForm node:

<wps:ResponseForm>

   <wps:RawDataOutput>

     <ows:Identifier xmlns:ows="http://www.opengis.net/ows/1.1">Result</ows:Identifier>

   </wps:RawDataOutput>

</wps:ResponseForm>

When using the above with zoo_loader.cgi, it replies an error: 'Wrong
RawDataOutput parameter, unable to fetch any result for the name your
provided : "unknownIdentifier".'

Looking at the
http://www.zoo-project.org/site/ZooWebSite/Demo/SpatialTools example, I
notice the following ResponseForm being manually produced:

<wps:ResponseForm>

   <wps:RawDataOutput>

     <wps:Output mimeType="application/json">

       <ows:Identifier>Result</ows:Identifier>

     </wps:Output>

   </wps:RawDataOutput>

</wps:ResponseForm>

So there's an extra Output node there.  I'm currently not sure if it's
really supposed to be, but OpenLayers.Format.WPSExecute doesn't produce
it.  If we look at the WPSExecute source code here
(https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/blob/master/lib/OpenLayers/Format/WPSExecute.js#L178),
we see that it doesn't produce the Output node. Should it be produced ?

I'm not familiar with schema definitions, so I'm not sure how to read
the one for WPS Execute:
http://schemas.opengis.net/wps/1.0.0/wpsExecute_request.xsd.  I most
certainly tell if the Output node should/must be there.

Any clue ?

--
Alexandre Dubé
T: +1 418-696-5056 #203