[Zoo-discuss] don't find the directory zoows in OSGeolive

Fenoy Gerald gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Sat Jul 19 12:36:06 PDT 2014

Dear lamiaa,
thanks a lot for giving a try to this workshop.

I would like first to inform you that I would recommend that you may try using the 2013 workshop which is more simple for a first approach than the old 2010 one. In the 2010 workshop we were willing to present both C and Python version of services but maybe trying using C code as a first try may make the learning more difficult I think.
Furthermore you may face issue (not when running the workshop material but using the 2010 ZOO-Kernel version) specifics to this version which is not much used nowadays.
So I would recommend that you use this workshop [1].

Once you have the 2013 ZOO-Project Workshop running on your virtual machine, then if you want to learn how to code C services you can then go back to the 2010 Workshop material. I think it’s better this way.

Hope this helps and convince you,
Best regards,

[1] http://zoo-project.org/docs/workshop/2013/index.html