[Zoo-discuss] java service example 2

andrea antonello andrea.antonello at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 04:41:45 PST 2014

Hi Gerald,

> I confirm that the initial issue was correct. In this file [1] we can see on line 11 and 12 that you are expecting to access the value of
> an input directly by accessing it using its name. Nevertheless, it is the same structure as the one used in other languages, so in
> Java it will be HashMap of HashMap of String rather than simply HashMap of String. So when you use the following,it will return a HashMap:
[...]
> As I used the same variable names, I guess this should work after applying this correction to the source code.
>
> I hope this solve the issue and you can confirm that this fix work for the service.

I now get the problem in the syntax. I did the changes in the example.
I still get a jvm crash.

Can you double-check the syntax please? It should really be ok now.

> [1] https://github.com/moovida/zoo-java-example-service/blob/master/ZooJavaMain/src/org/jgrasstools/ZooJavaWps.java

Another question: is the part:
  outputOutPathMap.put("dataType", "string");
necessary for the outputs?

And will the same be always available in the input hashmaps? This
might be helpful to check on the inputs before processing?

Thanks,
Andrea