[Zoo-discuss] ZOO-Project release 1.4.0-rc1

Fenoy Gerald gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Thu Nov 20 04:13:25 PST 2014

Hello Bomp,
really nice to hear that you are using both ZOO-Project and MapMint on OSGeoLive 8.

Until you are not using the prefix in service name rather than the metapath then you should not face any kind of issue.

In case you are using prefixed service name, for instance grass.v_generalize then you will first need to create a __init__.py file in the grass directory (which should be located in the cgi-bin directory). Nevertheless, in MapMint we faced issue in the naming scheme which lead us to rename some specific directories (where the module name and the directory got the same name initially).

So it is safe to update to the new ZOO-Project version, the only thing to keep in mind is that you should take good care of your subdirectory names and modules itself (which should be different from each other).

Note that if you use only services from the same directory as the ZOO-Kernel itself it imply no modification at all.

I hope this help you to decide to move on to the new release and you can provide feedbacks on it usage.

Best regards,

side-note: we are a lot interested in the work you are currently handling in implementing GRASS services, is there any place where we can access the source code (github or anything else) ? We are using wps-grass-bridge but we face many limitation, mainly when we want to chain multiple services, it imply too much location creation which slow down dramatically the processes.

> Le 20 nov. 2014 à 12:53, sittichai choosumrong <sittichai.ocu at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> Dear Gerald and Developer team,
>
> Thanks for your hard working and developing for the new version.
> I would like to ask some question before download and play with ZOO version 1.4.0
> Now I am using ZOO platform on Osgeolive8 and Mapmint,
> I and my student are implementing the ZOO service for GRASS GIS.
>
> The question is;
>
> 1. Is it will happen with my old service if I comply the new version in the same machine?
>
> I mean, my service(*.py) and (*.zcfg) is still working with out modify anything?
>
> Best regards,
> Bomp
>

> --
> ■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■
> Sittichai Choosumrong (Ph.D)
> Lecturer at Faculty of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Environment,
> Department of Natural Resources and Environment,
> Geography
> 99 Moo 9 Tambon Tha Pho,
> Amphoe Muang
> Phitsanulok Thailand 65000