[Zoo-discuss] New ZOO developer

Knut.Landmark at FFI.no Knut.Landmark at FFI.no
Mon Oct 20 11:48:09 PDT 2014

Hi all,

Gerald has kindly informed me that I was accepted as a new ZOO Project developer. I hereby acknowledge that I have read, understood, and intend to follow the ZOO Developer Guidelines.

I live in Oslo and work at the Norwegian Defence Research Establishment (FFI), as part of a small interdisciplinary group that develops services for geographical, meteorological and oceanographical data. We base our work on the OGC standards and make heavy use of FOSS4G software, especially MapServer, PostGIS, OpenLayers, and ZOO. We work on the Windows platform and use WPS for computation-intensive algorithms as well as simpler tasks, in a number of configurations, which has provided good opportunities for assessing the WPS standard and for testing the ZOO software.

I have an M.Sc. degree in physics and some research experience in marine geoscience and remote sensing. I am presently completing a Ph.D. project at the University of Oslo, on machine learning and image processing methods for acoustical seafloor mapping and classification (I do most of this work on the Linux platform). My programming experience is mainly in these topics as well as geospatial data processing, web services, and web map clients.

This will be my first active involvement in an open source project. Many thanks to Gerald for inviting me to participate. I hope that I will be able to make a contribution to the ZOO project.

Sincerely,
Knut Landmark