[Zoo-discuss] Execution time of a raster echo service

Adrien ANDRÉ adr.andre at laposte.net
Wed Dec 9 07:47:17 PST 2015

Dear Gérald,

> I do apologie to answer one more time by another question, but I would like to know if you are requesting your service asynchronously or synchronously ? If yes then you should have set the status and storeExecuteResponse attributes of the ResponseDocument node to true in your request, right ? If you did, then you should not wait until the service execution end before having an answer by the server. In fact, you won’t even wait for the server to decode your base64 image.

It's indeed an asynchronous request:
<wps:ResponseDocument lineage="false" storeExecuteResponse="true"
status="true">

waiting for the process to complete, i retrieve the status file which,
as expected, doesn't change while base64 decoding.

> I suppose that the issue is with the base64 decoding which is taking too much time. To make sure it comes from here, you may try to first store your raster file somewhere then pass it by reference to your service, this way you will avoid passing through the base64 decoding process.

Would you mind guiding me on performing a file transfer by reference or
do you know documentation about it?

Would it mean a client has to locally set up a web server?

Thanks again!

Kind regards,

Adrien