[Zoo-discuss] Getting error when working with IIS

Fenoy Gerald gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Thu Jul 2 04:48:41 PDT 2015

Hello,
sorry for late reply.

I just committed the updated documentation for building the ZOO-Project on windows platforms [1].
In the online documentation, you should find all the required and optional settings you can do in the name.opt file [2].

Nevertheless, building ZOO-Kernel on windows will require you to build all the libraries the ZOO-Kernel depends on.
Please refer to [3] and make sure you build all the mandatory dependencies.

I hope it will help you in building the ZOO-Kernel on your windows platform.

Best regards,

[1] http://zoo-project.org/trac/changeset/722
[2] http://zoo-project.org/docnew/docs/_build/html/install/windows.html#build-options
[3] http://zoo-project.org/docnew/docs/_build/html/install/prerequisites.html#mandatory

> [...]
>> caching.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _EVP_md5
>> referenced in function "char * __cdecl getMd5(char *)" (?get
>> Md5@@YAPADPAD at Z)
>> zoo_loader.cgi : fatal error LNK1120: 15 unresolved externals
>> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual
>> Studio 9.0\VC\BIN\link.EXE"' : return code '0x460'
>> Stop.
>>
>> Kindly help me to solve the issue as soon as possible.
>> Thanking you in anticipation.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Pankaj Pedram
>>

>> -----Original Message----- From: Fenoy Gerald
>> Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2015 6:05 PM
>> To: Pankaj Pedram
>> Cc: ZOO-discuss
>> Subject: Re: [Zoo-discuss] Getting error when working with IIS
>>
>> Hello Pankaj,
>> thanks a lot for your feedbacks and congratulations for building the
>> ZOO-Kernel on your windows system.
>>
>> I would like to make sure you are using the right version of the code to
>> build.  First of all, can you confirm that you have generated both the
>> zoo_loader.cgi and the libzoo_service.dll files ? I start by asking this
>> question, cause when I run the zoo_loader.cgi command locally, I get two
>> Exception nodes, so one more than the ExceptionReport you reported. The
>> first one is the exact same as your's but the second reference the service
>> locator. In case you are not using the latest trunk version, I would like
>> to invite you to try with the revision 680 [1]. If you have both
>> zoo_loader.cgi and the libzoo_service.dll generated, please make sure to
>> copy both of them to your cgi-bin directory.
>>
>> After making sure you are using the latest ZOO-Kernel version, you should
>> take a look at your main.cfg file. Indeed, a specific logPath parameter is
>> required in the [main] section of the main.cfg file to run on IIS server
>> properly. This parameter should take the full path of a log file used to
>> output any debug messages. Other parameters of the main.cfg should be also
>> correctly defined but for a simple GetCapabilities request, defining the
>> logPath should be enough. You should obviously make sure that the IIS user
>> is allowed to write the log file.
>>
>> I hope this answer will help to solve your issue,
>> Best regards,
>>

>> [1] http://zoo-project.org/trac/changeset/680
>>

>>> Le 25 juin 2015 à 07:55, Pankaj Pedram <pankaj.pedram at rolta.com> a écrit
>>> :
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Greetings!!!
>>>
>>> I have been trying to Install zoo kernel on IIS.
>>> I was able to compile the zoo kernel and was able generate the
>>> zoo_loader.cgi file.
>>> I placed the  zoo_loader.cgi and main.cfg file(modified the
>>> ServerAddress ) in  C:\inetpub\wwwroot\cgi-bin
>>> Then through the command prompt I was able to generate same response as
>>> we get by installing Apache Server.
>>> I got the response as below :
>>> c:\inetpub\wwwroot\cgi-bin>zoo_loader.cgi

>>> http://schemas.opengis.net/ows/1.1.0/owsExceptionReport.xsd"
>>> xml:lang="en-US" v

>>> pankaj.p.pedram at gmail.com