[Zoo-discuss] GSoC 2015 JGrasstools and Zoo-WPS

Alexander Kmoch alexander.kmoch at aut.ac.nz
Thu Mar 12 19:25:48 PDT 2015

Hi,

I got the ZOO WPS SVN working with Java and could successfully
reproduce/reenact Andrea's (JGrasstools) slightly more elaborate
zoo-java-example-service with a local data file path and additional jar
dependencies [1].

I have some questions/ideas/suggestions regarding the ZOO Java API
(ZOO.java/class)

It seems the JavaScript and Python API access is a bit more elaborate.
Is it possible to access the ZOO cgi config and env from the JVM? I
could add some logic for referencing/using the ZOO tmp/data paths for
valid web file references.

Also I am not quite sure how sophisticated data access via the
HashMap<String, String> style is to ingest geometries and complex
features in different styles (Java Topology Suite, Geotools)? I'll lok
and test a bit.

Fuerthermore I would be happy to provide a more straight forward way to
develop ZOO Java Services as Maven projects and then just drop the jars,
no Makefiles for Java :-D Maybe some fixed boilerplate code as part of
the ZOO API, that employs Java Service Loaders or the likes to read from
resource files in the user services jars? And Java users can use the API
as a maven dependency to easily see ZOO Java API in the Eclipse projects?

Exemplary with JGrasstools.

@Andrea, I'll have a look at your generator to understand which approach
you were following :-)

Cheers,