[Zoo-discuss] Mapmint version fresh install error - cannot find -lzoo_service

Fenoy Gerald gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Wed Nov 4 04:52:48 PST 2015

Hi Karsten,
thanks a lot for your feedbacks and congratulation for having setup MapMint on your platform.

I went on your server and I noticed that the issue with the new UI comes from this link which cannot be loaded : http://terra3.terragis.net/ui//admin;module=Distiller.js .

The /~djay/progede2/mapmint-ui/ is hardcoded in the mapmint-ui/.htaccess file, you will have to fix this values to get the new UI working.

For the missing images from the version 1 of the UI, it may require that you add an empty .htaccess in the mapmint-ui/img directory to solve the issue, indeed the setup try to use the tempting system to display images which is uncommon. I have personally a .htaccess in the img directory.

For the Dashboard I have the same behavior locally (about the values which are not filled in correctly in the form) so I suppose that this is a new bug coming with the modifications made in the service to retrieve the values. I will take a look at it lately but it should not hurt until you are not using this specific form by now.

For the Manager module you should know that it cannot be opened before you created a map, for instance by clicking on the "open in the manager » button from one datasource from the Distiller module. Since you did that the issue should be solved. Note that the LandCover001 reference comes from the database creation. I just took a quick look into mmdb.sql and it seemed to be created once a user used a LandCover001 project. You should simply forget this issue as it is not really an issue. We may remove this default value (which will be overwritten once you open a datasource in your Manager) to make sure no-one will try to open the Manager prior to create a project.

From what I can see it seems that your setup is in good shape, to get the new UI working you simply have to take a look into the .htaccess which was dedicated to my machine setup.

I may also switch back to a default setup, I have created a dedicated virtual machine in my infrastructure to test the setup, but then I switched back to my own personal machine to develop the new version which cause all the issue with path and Url setup and make it much more complicated. Note that any time this kind of issue occurs I am  able to solve them quickly but I now realize that using a basic setup (ubuntu or debian) may help for other to deploy the exact same setup.

Nevertheless, I suppose that this answers will help you and you can come back with the new UI version up and running soon.

I hope to hear back from you and thanks again for your interest in the MapMint Product,
Best regards,

ps: the new UI is far better, cause it work on your mobile phone or tablet even the administration interface, but it is even better for the Client interface which is perfectly working on your mobile phone. The administration interface have still some issue on mobile phone but work great on tablet, especially the Manager which may require to use the tablet in landscape mode to make sure to display everything properly, but still I think it is a real asset to be able to setup your map from your tablet this way you can setup your map from your bad or your bath :)