[Zoo-discuss] ZOO and Mapserver 6.4

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 05:51:07 PST 2015

On 5 November 2015 at 11:22, Fenoy Gerald <gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr> wrote:
> Dear Luca,

Dear Gerald,

> as promised I take a quick look for trying to build the ZOO-Kernel against the MapServer 7.0.0 version.

thanks for the speed

> Strangely it worked with only few modifications in the source code, in fact commenting 2 lines was enough to get it working. I probably tried before the official release of the 7.0.0 version cause it seems to work perfectly from what I can see. I’ve re-used the workshop material in the VM and put in place the MapServer 7.0.0 version, then rebuild the ZOO-Kernel and strongly it worked. Obviously I had to modify the ZOOMakefile.opts to fit with my MapServer setup (mainly to make it able to find the mapserver-config.h which was unfortunately not installed by make install from the MapSever directory).
>
> I’ve made all the modifications required available in the patch attached to this mail to avoid having to edit any files during the building procedure.
>
> So I would like you to try the following, starting a fresh svn checkout :
>
> patch -p0 < ms7.patch
> autoconf
> ./configure —with-python —with-js —with-mapserver=<FULL_PATH_TO_MS_SOURCE_CODE>
> make
> sudo make install && sudo ldconfig
>
> This suppose that you run make not directly in the MapServer source code directory but in a build subdirectory. In other case you will need to edit the configure.ac file to point to your build location (it is required to find the mapserver-config.h file).

so I have mapserver7 in /home/pgis/compilati/mapserver-7.0.0/ and it
is compiled in /home/pgis/compilati/mapserver-7.0.0/build/, I applied
your patch but it returning me an error still

./configure --with-python --with-js
--with-mapserver=/home/pgis/compilati/mapserver-7.0.0

./configure: line 6049:
/home/pgis/compilati/mapserver-7.0.0/mapserver-config: No such file or
directory
./configure: line 6050:
/home/pgis/compilati/mapserver-7.0.0/mapserver-config: No such file or
directory
./configure: line 6050:
/home/pgis/compilati/mapserver-7.0.0/mapserver-config: No such file or
directory
Using user-specified MapServer src path: /home/pgis/compilati/mapserver-7.0.0

Is this a problem or not?

> I hope you can confirm that the MapServer 7.0.0 support is working, if it is also working on your side, then I will apply a more general patch to the SVN and commit it. I think that we should keep the source code as it was for the 6.2.0 version which is working like a charm for some years now and adapt for the 7.0.0 version by using ifdef block around the two lines I’ve juste commented in the patch I provided.

+1

--
ciao
Luca