[Zoo-discuss] Programming Language (Python) set in ZCFG file is not currently supported by ZOO Kernel.

Niroshan Sanjaya nsanj88 at gmail.com
Thu May 5 06:04:59 PDT 2016

Hi all,
I have faced and issue regarding Programming Language set in ZCFG file in
Ubuntu 14.04. The error says "*Programming Language (Python) set in ZCFG
file is not currently supported by ZOO Kernel*". Finally the problem has
been solved. Therefor I would like to keep a short note regarding that.

Basically this error occurred when ZOO-Kernel has been built without Python
support. As you know ZOO-Kernel supports C, Python and JavaScript etc..
But Python and JavaScript are optional except C. You should activate them
when you run the ./configure script. For python you can use "*./configure
 --with-python"* command.
Then you can check whether *python.h* has been found correctly or not while
you are running ./configure script. If that is successful you can run *ldd
zoo_loader.cgi* and see any reference to python.
In my case when I run the "*ldd zoo_loader.cgi | grep python"* command I
did not get any results. You should remember to run this command in the
directory where you run the configure tool. It does not return any values
mean there is no connection in between python  library and ZOO-kernel. Now
let's run the make clean and check the connection. For that you can run  "*make
clean"* command, then you can run "make" and check with the "*ldd
zoo_loader.cgi | grep python"*  command (you can run them together with
"make clean && make && ldd zoo_loader.cgi | grep python" command). Now it
has return something. In my case it has return the following result:

"libpython2.7.so.1.0 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpython2.7.so.1.0
(0x00007fcf14858000)"

Now you can copy the ZOO-Kernel to the cgi-bin directory of your HTTP
server and check. It should be worked now!

Basically, this has happened when you run the *./configure* when it  has
been already built. When you are trying again you should run "make clean"
first to remove any object files which
built already.
If somebody is having the same problem and if you want to active new
support you can try with this method.

Looking forward to hear new suggestions and opinions.

Best
Niroshan Sanjaya