[Zoo-discuss] ZOO-Project Windows Binaries

Fenoy Gerald gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Tue May 24 08:34:00 PDT 2016

Dear ZOO-Project community,
I am glad to officially announce the publication of ZOO-Project Windows Binaries.

As many other popular OSGeo projects, we are now using appVeyor [1] for continuous integration of the ZOO-Project for windows platforms [2].

For each build run, we decided to publish the binaries produced by the appVeyor script on BinTray, so you can access them from here: [3].

I have updated the documentation [4] for reflecting the new installation procedure for the ZOO-Project. Note that the current installer is very minimal in design and content but works great.

It makes the deployment of the ZOO-Project very easy on Microsoft IIS.

Note that, by now, two different flavors of the ZOO-Kernel as been built, one supporting Java and the other not supporting it. We may add any other support you would like to have access in the binary in the future, simply ask for it.

As you probably noticed in the build script logs, the build script does not build only ZOO-Project for both 32 bits and 64 bits platforms but it also build the MapMint services.
Obviously, MapMint depends on more things than the ZOO-Kernel and the ZOO-Services themself, which have led us to provide a binary version of the MapMint dependencies, such as mapcache for instance, which can be run from IIS.

I would like to thanks a lot Venka for his support in this task, he provided a lot of web links to related issues I have faced during the process of providing this build script.

In case you find any issue when using the Installer or the manual installation method, please report.

I hope this work will help the ZOO-Project users willing to have it running on windows platforms.

I hope to hear back from you and you will enjoy the different flavor of the binary versions for windows platforms.

Best regards,

[1] https://www.appveyor.com/
[2] https://ci.appveyor.com/project/gfenoy/trunk-if9kv
[3] https://bintray.com/gfenoy/ZOO-Project/Windows-Binaries/view#