[Zoo-discuss] zoo.update_status in a Python Zoo service (part 2)

Fenoy Gerald gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Tue Oct 18 02:29:43 PDT 2016

Hello David,
sorry for the previous email, I did not notice this one still..

Nevertheless, I have answered partially your question about how to request the service to run asyncrhonously. Once you have call the Execute request, then your client will receive an ExecuteReponse document getting a statusLocation attribute that can be used to poll the current status of the service execution.

The last request given here [1] and the comment just on top of it should help you to interact with asynchronous service execution.

Side note, the conf[« lenv »][« message »] should be defined before running the service (cf. [1]) so it should not hurt if you do not specify any message as it should already exists.

I hope to hear back from you,
Best regards,

[1] http://zoo-project.org/workshops/2014/first_service.html#the-hello-service
[1] http://zoo-project.org/trac/browser/trunk/zoo-project/zoo-kernel/zoo_service_loader.c#L1911