[Zoo-discuss] Using Zoo to access SAGA GIS programmatically

Fenoy Gerald gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Wed Jun 21 01:23:53 PDT 2017

Hello Baruch,
you can find here [1] a brief documentation on how to install the SAGA-GIS ZOO-Kernel internal support.

Basically what you will need is very similar to what is required for the OrefeoToolBox internal support. So to say, running the converter tool to generate zcfg files from the catalog provided by SAGA-GIS (saga2zcfg).

Once you have run the saga2zcfg command line tool, then it should generate all the required configuration files for every SAGA-GIS applications.

I have just checked for what is available online on the ZOO-Project server, there are some services output JSON files so it should work using JSON files as input data.

Note that, you should probably first try on the ZOO-Project.org server to see if your service is already available there. In case it is available then you may try to invoke the service execution with your data to check that everything is fine.

Another thing important to mention here is that, until now, tests has been handled only for SAGA-GIS 2.14 and no investigation has been made to integrate more recent version. Still, in case you would like us to take care of supporting the newer SAGA-GIS then please let us know and we will proceed for its support.

Best regards,

[1] http://www.zoo-project.org/docs/kernel/sagagis.html

Gérald Fenoy
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Djay