[Zoo-discuss] compile zoo kernel with python 3.7

Kobe De Decker kobededecker at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 02:33:16 PST 2020

Hi there,

I was using Zoo WPS successfully for many projects using it in a Docker
image i built myself. Lately Python 2.7 has been deprecated, and I can't
deploy new zoo services anymore as many of my processes use numpy and I get
installation errors saying that numpy cant be installed anymore on this old
Python.

I have been trying to compile the Kernel with Python 3.x (in Conda) for a
couple of days now, but am stuck on the last phase of the configure step.
This is wat I enter:

./configure --with-python=/opt/app-root/src/miniconda3 --with-pyvers=3.7
--prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib64

But the process breaks on this line:

checking Python.h usability... yes
checking Python.h presence... yes
checking for Python.h... yes
checking for PyObject_CallObject in -lpython3.7... no
configure: error: could not find libpython

So the configure phase definitely finds my python installation, but fails
its last check. If i check in configure and configure.ac files, this should
have something to do with linking with libphp (while I dont need php for my
processes .. ).

When I install python included in Centos repositories (2.7), the configure
phase just passes without errors ..

Any clues?

Thanks,

Kobe