[ZOO-PSC] ZOO-PSC governance and voting

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Thu Feb 18 21:17:29 PST 2010

Hi Venka,

Thank you for the making this list!

Before voting I wanted to ask if there is a place like a Wiki/Trac or
something similar to write down all these informations like schedules,
voting results, etc.
Or do we just keep it in the mailing list archive? It might be a bit
difficult to keep things organized then. Just an idea.

Also here the link to the "voting/scheduling" site we talked about at lunch:
http://www.doodle.com/main.html

I haven't tried it more than one times, but it might simplify the procedure
to summarize the votes.

> Items below for voting. My votes are shown below the
> item
>
> 1) Monthly PSC meetings on Skype starting form March
>     18th. I would like to propose meetings of
>     1 hour duration every third Wednesday (UTC Time)
>     at the following
>     UTC time
>
> Odd Months:
>
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2010&month=3&day=18&hour=22&min=0&sec=0
> Even Months:
>
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2010&month=4&day=21&hour=13&min=0&sec=0
>
> +1 Venka

0 Daniel (no specific requirement regarding day and time)

> 2) Mandatory requirement for all PSC to vote on issues.
>     If there is no voting recorderd over a period of
>     12 months, the non-voting member will retire form
>     PSC.
>
> +1 Venka

+1 Daniel

> 3) ZOO-PSC ML (This list) open for subscription to
>     non PSC members.
>
> -1 Venka

0 Daniel (I don't know what is common practice in other PSC's. Are their
lists usually closed?)

> 4) ZOO-PSC ML (This list) Archives to be made public.
>
> + 1 Venka

+1 Daniel

> 5) ZOO-DISCUSS ML open for subscription to all.
>     (Presently needs approval of list admins)
>
> +1 Venka

+1 Daniel

> 6) ZOO-Discuss ML Archives to be made public.
>     (presently not public)
>
> +1 Venka

+1 Daniel

> 7) ZOO-Booth at FOSS4G-2010.
>
> +1 Venka

+0 Daniel (I can't promis at the moment if and how much I can support and
help with a booth, but the idea is good of course)

> 8) Funding for ZOO-Promotions in 2010,
>     booth sharing with ZOO-Partners etc to
>     be discussed in ZOO-PSC meeting scheduled
>     as below;
>
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2010&month=3&day=18&hour=22&min=0&sec=0
>
> +1 Venka

0 Daniel (+1 for the dicussion ;-)

> 9) ZOO-Kernel and Documentation Version 0.1 to be
>      released under MIT/X11 License on 13 April 2010
> +1 Venka

0 Daniel (I think this something that should be mainly decided by those, who
have worked on code and documentation so far. The documentation though
should be a less permissive license in my opinion. This would prevent what
happens with the Mapserver documentation for example, which people translate
but don't make it public for others.)

Daniel

--
Georepublic UG (haftungsbeschränkt)