[ZOO-PSC] WS Material

Gérald Fenoy gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Sat Jul 10 01:51:50 PDT 2010

Hi Daniel,
thanks a lot for your investigations.

I used Amaragon 3.0 provided for the last year foss4g, but it should work on each Ubuntu system.

About the libfcgi-bin, you're right, it should be : "libfcgi0ldbl".

Note that the scp command won't be used during the workshop but before the workshop when admins will prepare workshop computers, that's why I think it can be used this way, using a public key authorized on the buildtest server can help you don't fill any password. By the way, it is the same tarball than the one available on the wiki page, so you don't have to use the copy on buildtest.

When you tried to compile zoo_loader.cgi, you get the message that tell you that the ZOO Kernel is already compiled as it is the case. Try a ldd command on zoo_loader.cgi, if no library are not found, then you are ready to go to start the workshop. Else, please use : make clean before running make.

I've updated the README file on the wiki and on buidltest.

Hope you can continue your investigations.

Best regards,

Le 10 juil. 2010 à 05:04, Daniel Kastl a écrit :

> Hi Gerald,
>
> Thank you for the link and hard work!
> I thought, wow, now I can install Zoo in a few minutes on my PC. Because it runs the same version of Ubuntu as the OSGeo LiveDVD.
> So I tried to follow the README, but run into a few issues. I don't know, which is 0.3 LiveDVD version, but if it's the one prepared for Barcelona, it should be Ubuntu 10.04 as far as I know. Well, on my 10.04 Ubuntu, I had these problems:
> sudo apt-get install libcurl4-gnutls-dev libxml2-dev libgdal1-dev libssl-dev libfcgi-bin bison flex
> -> Couldn't find "libfcgi-bin". Should this be "libfcgi"?
> scp foss4g2010 at buildtest.osgeo.org:/osgeo/foss4g2010/workshops/w7/software/zoows.tar.bz2 .
> -> you need to know the "foss4g2010" user password. Very long for people to type btw, so this will cost you a few minutes at the workshop, I think
> cd /home/user/zoows/sources/zoo-kernel
> make
> -> says something like "nothing to do for target 'all'" (probably my translation doesn't match with the English message). Anyway, is that OK?
> For now just this. I'll investigate more, if you tell me that this was OK so far.
>
> Daniel
>

> --
> Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan
> eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
> Web: http://georepublic.de
>

> 2010/7/10 Gérald Fenoy <gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr>
> Hi PSC,
> PSC only link to the FOSS4G 2010 ZOO Workshop Material : http://zoo-project.org/trac/wiki/ZooWorkshop2010/Content .
>
> Unfortunately we decided to use OpenOffice document only as a base for our material production and not on the wiki. A wiki version should be available soon.
>
> Regards,
>
> Gérald Fenoy
> gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
>

> GEOLABS