[ZOO-PSC] ZOO-Project tentative Roadmap (2010-2011)

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Fri Nov 19 21:13:36 PST 2010

Hi PSC,

Gerald, Jeff, Hayashi and myself discussed the
ideas put up by Nick at
http://www.zoo-project.org/trac/wiki/ZooIdeas

*ZOO Roadmap*

a) ZOO-Kernel (presently Version 1.0) will have a
    code freeze on 1st Dec 2010.

b) Existing issues with GRASS7 (Raster) support will
    be fixed and most of the existing tickets will be
    closed by 1st Dec 2010.

c) ZOO-Kernel-1.2.0RC1  will be released on 1st Dec 2010.
    Problems with RC1 can be reported within 5 working days.
    If no problems are reported ZOO-Kernel-1.2 will be released.
    If problems exist, they will be fixed and we will have an RC2.

d) ZOO-Kernel-1.2.0RC1 will not have any additional features
    except for

    * issues with GRASS7 support being resolved.
    * Full support for new natural languages (write .po files).
    * ZOO GRASS services implementation, examples and docs
    * Examples with OpenLayers

e) Subsequent to ZOO-Kernel-1.2.0 release, ZOO-Kernel-1.2.0devel
    will be created.

f) New features to be included in ZOO-Kernel-1.3.0devel before
    next stable release (ZOO-Kernel-1.4.0) are as listed below

    *ZOO Kernel*

     * ZOO for windows (ZOO4W) stable release for MS-Windows platform
     * C# language support implementation in ZOO Kernel
     * Ruby language support implementation in ZOO Kernel
     * ZOO Kernel implementation as a Mozilla XPCOM component
     * YAML support

     *ZOO Services*

     * ZOO goGPS services implementation, examples and docs
     * New examples of integrating environment model as ZOO-Services

     *ZOO API*

     * Documentation (for each classes)
     * WPS Client ?
     * Any ideas ?

g)  ZOO-Kernel-1.4.0 release could coincide FOSS4G2011.

Please give your comments and suggestions. If it is convenient for all
to put the above tentative roadmap on the ZOO-Wiki.

Nick, I would particularly like to know about the status of the
ZOO API documentation release. Can we expect any additional
documentation to be released along with ZOO-Kernel-1.2.0 by
Dec 1st 2010.

Best

Venka