[ZOO-PSC] Updates on MS4W+ZOO-Project

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sat Aug 12 14:31:56 PDT 2017

Hi GĂ©rald,

As you are traveling today to FOSS4G, and tomorrow I'll be preparing to
do the same, I thought it would be good to switch to email updates.

PHP Service
-----------

Today I built PHP 5.6 support into the ZOO-Kernel for MS4W.  I am able to

- see a "HelloPHP" process offering at the commandline
- same through a GetCapabilities request in the browser
- DescribeProcess request works for HelloPHP
- execute request seems to work (with a request of
&Identifier=HelloPHP&DataInputs=S=Hello)
    - I don't understand why I must pass the "S" value, but it seems to
be required in hello.php

JavaScript Service
------------------

I also tried to build JavaScript support into kernel, but unfortunately
the MozillaBuild tool only supports Visual Studio >= 2013 so I'll have
to wait until MS4W 4.0 (alpha build of MS4W 4.0 is already available,
built with Visual Studio 2015) to tackle this for MS4W.

MapServer Support

Compiled into kernel fine (thanks for helping with the source code changes)

Next Task
---------

Package this for MS4W.  This needs a demo, or some way to catch the
users interest.  Maybe with HelloPHP service and WMS/WCS requests? Maybe
through an ogr2ogr service as well?

We can talk of this in Boston.

See you soon,

-jeff