FOSS GIS

Paul Scott pscott at uwc.ac.za
Mon Apr 3 08:23:47 EDT 2006

Great news! This is a worthy initiative, and I would be happy to
        contribute.

        One thing though, would a website with forums, wiki, etc not be
        more
        valuable than just a list? I am prepared to deploy our PHP
        framework in
        this regard as my contribution to fostering FOSS based GIS in
        Africa. I
        am building a number of spatial hooks into the software,
        including
        support for UMN Mapserver and PostGIS as part of the project.
        Also,
        AVOIR has gained a number of FOSS GIS projects in the past few
        months,
        many of which I am a project founder or active developer,
        including
        UbuntuGIS, geocoder, postgis PHP classes (Framework) and many
        more.

        Let me know what you all think. The site can literally be up and
        running
        in 10 minutes from the word "go"!

        --Paul