[OSGeo Africa] open source GIS CD

Gaby van Wyk gabyvwyk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 05:26:43 EDT 2006

Hi All

I don't think there is anything like IDRISI available as OSS. GRASS can do
most of what IDRISI offers, although the UI and basic approach is vastly
different. I have found that people are reluctant to work with GRASS,
especialy since the approach is sometimes cumbersome.

Gavin, why don't we arrange a series of hackfests, including one for GRASS.
(I especially would like to see us do a PostGIS one)

Gaby