[OSGeo Africa] African GIS & remote sensing news - April 2007
klance_remote at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 3 01:21:26 EDT 2007
The April 2007 Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI) regional newsletter for Africa has been posted on the Global Spatial Data Infrastructure (GSDI) Association home page: http://www.gsdi.org
You may also download the newsletter directly: http://www.gsdi.org/newsletters/SDIAfricav6n4.pdf
The April issue includes (among many other items):
- Invitation for expession of interest to participate in an East African SDI mashup
- Informal recap of the Somalia Interagency Mapping & Coordination (SIMaC) meeting
- Libya Spatial Data Infrastructure (LSDI) Program - Status Update, February, 2007
- 2nd and 3rd newsletters from the Kenya National Spatial Data Infrastructure Secretariat (KNSDI)
- Metadata models and standards for KNSDI: a case study of 12 government ministries
- Nigeria: FCTA generates N9 billion from Abuja GIS in three years
- Communique on the Regional Roundtable on Sustainable Development of the Lake Chad Basin
- GIS capacity and data availability analysis in Malawi
- Project CARBOAFRICA - Quantification, understanding and prediction of carbon cycle
- UNOSAT geodatabase for Mogadishu
- African Marine Atlas
- Challenges, opportunities and strategies of implementing GIS for public health management in Mozambique
- BIOTA Maroc: pastoral land use and vegetation dynamics in Southern Morocco
- Ramsar (Wetlands) Small Grants Fund – 2007 cycle (Deadline: June 30, 2007)
- Alcoa Foundation Fellowships for conservation practitioners (Deadline: May 31, 2007)
- vacancy: Deputy Director General, RCMRD, Nairobi, Kenya (Deadline: June 15, 2007)
- vacancy: Senior Sustainable Land Management Specialist, NEPAD Secretariat, Midrand, South Africa (Deadline April 14, 2007)
Spatial Data Infrastructure - Africa (SDI-Africa) is a free electronic newsletter for people interested in GIS, remote sensing, and data management issues in Africa. Published since May 2002, the newsletter aims to raise awareness and provide useful information to strengthen national SDI initiatives and support synchronization of regional activities. Each month, the newsletter highlights recent activities, provides information about available data and tools, and includes notices about upcoming training, employment and funding opportunities, and events.
All past SDI-Africa regional newsletters are accessible in the newsletter archives at http://www.gsdi.org/newsletters.asp -- including regional newsletters for Latin America/Caribbean (SDI-LAC) and Asia/Pacific (SDI-AP).
Please forward this message onto others who might be interested.
If you would like to sign up for the GSDI News List, please go to
TV dinner still cooling?
Check out "Tonight's Picks" on Yahoo! TV.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Africa