[OSGeo Africa] FOSS GIS

mark at deblois.nl mark at deblois.nl
Wed Sep 5 14:53:43 EDT 2007

Hi Frank,

You might also want to mention:
- ILWIS remote sensing software which has gone open source recently (see
http://52north.org/index.php?option=com_projects&task=showProject&id=30&Itemid=127),
 - FWTools (http://fwtools.maptools.org/)
 - OpenJump (http://openjump.org/wiki/show/HomePage).
 - uDIG (http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/UDIG/Home)
 - gvSIG (http://www.gvsig.gva.es/index.php?id=gvsig&L=2)

I presume you are not going to get into web mapping applications or
spatial databases, in that case there is a lot to add to the list.

 cheers,
 Mark de Blois
 GIS Consultant
 Maplecroft